Saturday, October 11, 2008

Resale Royalties for Australian Artists

After five weeks of no television and radio while working as Artist in Residence at Wilpena Pound, I did hear from someone in passing that Australian visual artist will receive 5% royalties for re-sold works for the value of $1000.00 and above. This is anticipated to happen on the 1 July 2009.

Is this a good thing? I honestly don't know and not even going to try and comment about it. I will though give you some links that you may find useful to make up your own mind.

One thing I am sure of, I don't think I will benefit from this with my own artworks even though I am selling works over a thousand dollars: I won't live long enough but then perhaps I can work towards leaving my grandchildren a legacy to remember me by. wink


Quick links:



Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

No comments: